•  

History

Since 1934, the Swiss Stöcklin Group has been your competent partner worldwide for innovative and customer-specific logistics solutions.

2014

For over 80 years, the Swiss Stöcklin Group has been offering innovative logistic solutions "from one company" worldwide to satisfy the highest requirements.

2012

Stöcklin sets up in Atlanta, USA, and is thereby contactable in 12 countries worldwide

2009

75 years have passed since Walter Stöcklin founded the company. The formula for success is certainly that Stöcklin has always continued to look forward, advanced constantly and aspired to healthy growth. Also in this year: Expansion of representation in Zagreb, Croatia. Stöcklin received a contract for further projects in the deep-freeze area and started up additional warehouses during the course of the year.

2008

The first deep-freeze storage facilities with ambient temperatures down to –28°C were put into operation in the Netherlands. The Dutch subsidiary was integrated into the Stöcklin Group. During the same year, Stöcklin expanded its markets and founded a joint venture in St. Petersburg in Russia. In the area of forklift trucks, the company started a strong innovation offensive and completely developed new equipment lines.

2006

Stöcklin continued to develop the company and its products, improving its position on the market. The establishment of new site in Brazil enabled Stöcklin to cover the South American continent with its high quality products and intra-logistic solutions. The Retis subsidiary became Stöcklin Software AG, giving formal emphasis to the efforts for standardization within the Group.

2005

Consistent standardization of the forklift trucks coupled with the production of customized equipment and the launching of a new generation of stacker cranes for small parts and pallets soon began to bear their first fruits. For example, the world's largest automatically operated high-rack storage facilities for over a quarter of a million pallets were equipped with the latest Stöcklin conveyor and storage equipment.

2003

The system house integrates Retis Software AG, and from now on runs its own competence center for developing warehouse management software for meeting complex logistical requirements. 

2001

The further expansion continued after the millennium. The founding of a subsidiary in Mexico gave Stöcklin a presence on the Central American market as well, where it quickly achieved a good reputation, particularly in the pharmaceutical industry. 

1996

Stöcklin finally became one of the most innovative suppliers of electric stackers for warehouse operations. Stöcklin set standards to shape the market, particularly in the area of drive equipment (as of 1996 shunt drives, as of 2000 three-phase drives). 

1995

Urs Grütter acquired a majority of the company shares, allowing him to take over and reorganize the company.

1991

For strategic marketing reasons, Walter Stöcklin was changed to Stöcklin Logistik AG, and the company made an additional step in the direction of international market presence and product expansion.

1987

Great Britain and the Netherlands joined the company as additional locations. 

1980

Stöcklin offers electric stackers for the first time.

1979

Setting benchmarks in the new logistics era, the company expanded its competences in the development and integration of comprehensive material handling and storage systems in 1979 with the take-over of the storage and retrieval technology of Schweizerischen Industriegesellschaft (SIG) [Swiss Industrial Society]. As part of this, Stöcklin extended its product range so that it could offer the complete physical material flow for complex material handling and storage systems.

1964

This year marked a high point in the company's history when it was commissioned by a chemical firm to develop a pallet conveyor system for the first computer-controlled high-bay pallet warehouse. The company used the seventies for further development and advancement of its storage system technology.

1962

Additional affiliates were established in other countries to aid in opening up the European market. The manpower bottlenecks being experienced at the time among customers and the surge of rationalization investments made as a result gave Stöcklin a considerable boost in all divisions.

1960

Ralph Stöcklin, from the second generation, joined the company. New production halls were erected, turnover as well as personnel increased continuously and the original one-man business, Walter Stöcklin, became a public limited company.

1954

During this year, the Stöcklin hand pallet truck was the first major success for forklift trucks. It remains to this day the best in its class. Before the end of the fifties, the company diversified into large-scale equipment for the chemical and foodstuff industry.

1947

The entrepreneur Walter Stöcklin decided to build a new factory and develop the first transport system (angular chain conveyor) for conveying crates. In the meantime, this single-owner company has become well-known in professional circles. The company saw a further opportunity to enhance its profile when the Swiss Railways (SBB) was looking to introduce a pallet system for turning over general cargo. It took on the development of the palleting devices and produced numerous prototypes.

1934

1934 saw Walter Stöcklin, the company’s founder, turn the construction business he had taken over from his parents in Dornach, Switzerland, into a wheel and transport equipment factory.In its own carpentry shop, the company started to manufacture soil-friendly wooden wheels for transport equipment. A little later came so-called pushcarts and platform wagons made from the same material. After the war, the company recovered and Walter Stöcklin extended its product range with hand-operated devices.