An analysis of the current situation in comparison to the target for the equipment to be modernized is Stöcklin's primary tool for achieving a future-oriented, optimum solution with good cost/benefit ratio. Such analysis defines precisely the condition of the individual elements such as control, conveying equipment, automated storage and retrieval system, etc. and closely examines the existing logistics concept.
As a rule, a comprehensive analysis checks the following points:
Analysis of current situation:
- Higher level systems and their interfaces
- Existing processes and material flows
- Surroundings and structural situation
- Condition of existing conveying and storage systems
- Parts on hand
- Performance requirements
- Modifications to processes and material flows
- Link to new ERP systems
- Cost scope Possibilities for modernization in consideration of operating times
An important part of each analysis is defining and elaborating the customer objectives in cooperation with the customer. This allows precise definition of the requirements the equipment is to fulfill in the future and the work to be accomplished to obtain the greatest possible benefit from your equipment's second life.